Monday, November 21, 2011

Ocean One

When we came to Shanghai for our house hunting trip in March we saw some apartments downtown and some houses just outside of the city. We have always wanted to live the "city life" and with our kids being small we figured this was the time to do it. After being here 3 months, we are so glad we chose an apartment down town! We live in an area called Lujiazui and within walking distance we have two malls, grocery stores, wet markets, 2 of the tallest buildings in the world, the river, subway stations and lots of restaurants and massage places. Tanner walks about 15-20 minutes to his office which is so nice. Our apartment is called Ocean One and we have an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, tennis courts, a pirate playground, an indoor playground, 2 work out rooms, and saunas.

This is the front of our apartment, we use the bar area for our computer/office space.
Living room
Dinning room

Kitchen
Hallway down to the bedrooms
Ford's room
Reese's room
Reese's bathroom
We have 4 bathrooms (5 if you count the Ayi's) Beck and Fords look the same.

Beck's room
The Ayi's room (Ayi is what they call the maid/nanny's)
We use it as storage but would you believe that this is where the Ayi lives if you have a live in!

Our room
Our closet
Our bathroom
The square mirror in front of the bath tub is a TV.
The view


Come visit!!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray. For some reason, looking at a blog doesn't make you seem so far away. I'm sure everyone is excited to keep in touch. What a great apartment! 5 bedrooms is huge. That is awesome that you can walk everywhere. Beck has grown up so much, I love the picture of him watching the window washer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Thanks for sending me your blog. I want to live in your place! It looks fabulous. I love how you decorated it. I am SO tempted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! I would LOVE to come visit. How do we make that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious? I want to live in Shanghai if I can have a cute house like that! Everything looks so cute and fun. I really wish I could visit, but I might not dare to fly that far. We miss you guys so much, but what a treat that you now have a blog, we will check in often so we can stay in touch. Say hi to Tanner and the kids!- Sara D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! We will!! This looks AMAZING!!! What a beautiful place!! It will be so fun to follow your adventures! How's the food?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie! How amazing! We miss you tons and I think about you all the time! We can't wait to see you and the fam and Scrooge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!! How fun to live in such an awesome apartment and such a fun city! I'm so glad you guys decided to live downtown...and I'm so excited that you are blogging about it so I can live vicariously through you ;) We miss you tons! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This kind of makes me want to move to Shanghai! So glad you finally got sucked into the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete